Adventure #3: Edgehill Cafe
Saturday December 18, 2010
A cloudy Saturday. Peaceful. 12pm, Yes, I believe it’s time for some breakfast!
The Edgehill Cafe is the perfect mixture of rustic warm accents meet minimal contemporary simplicity. The overall feel of the cafe is warm and cozy but not cheesy at all. They have many options for seating which range from single seating at a bar looking out a front window, big comfy chairs, to a couple of large tables with enough seating for 8 people (think dining room table).
I was very impressed with the food. I had The Breakfast Sandwich, scrambled egg with cheese and sausage on a wheat bagel along with a side of oatmeal with walnuts and brown sugar and a dark roast coffee. Everything was delicious!
As I was reading several local publications’ articles on gifts I read about several things that I would like. Since I have not made a Christmas list in many years I decided it would be fun to make a list of things that I want to give myself. In keeping up with the spirit of giving that should follow us all year, not just around Christmas time I also came up with a list that almost anyone can do for others.
- I want to eat at Suzy Wong’s House of Yum
- I want to visit the Vanderbilt Children’s Gift Shop and purchase a”softer than cashmere” scarf for $12.00
- I want to get a “shellac” manicure at Polished (ground floor Grace’s Plaza) this manicure is supposed to last 2-3 weeks with no chips!
2010-2011 Give List
- Pay for a stranger’s coffee (this actually happened to me at Edgehill Cafe one morning, it made my day… so thank you to the woman who bought my cup of joe!)
- Let someone else have the close parking space, you know you could use the exercise anyway!
- Say “Good Morning” and smile to everybody… even those whom we would rather pass without acknowledging, an added bonus: smiling will improve your mood too 🙂
They always say that it is better to give than to receive, but giving yourself small indulgences throughout the year keeps you wanting to give to others, because you are happy and happy people give more. Remember to give to everyone, even yourself!